Re: An Idea for OID conflicts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Dunstan
Subject Re: An Idea for OID conflicts
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Gregory Stark wrote:
> Those types, functions and operators that aren't used by system tables could
> be created by a simple SQL script instead. It's a hell of a lot easier to
> write a CREATE OPERATOR CLASS call than to get all the OIDs in in four
> different include files to line up properly.

No kidding.

Just FYI that wouldn't have worked for the enums patch, though, because
of the pseudo anyenum type. That stuff really did need to be in the
backend. For more common user defined types like uuid that are being
discussed, it might work well. Heck, a bunch of the existing casts etc
could probably be changed to SQL, and would become a great deal more
readable in the process. Not that I'm advocating fixing a non-broken
thing... :)

Cheers

Tom