Re: Release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: Release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Also, we are having trouble getting enough people to review/commit.
> Does adding an extra step discourage them even further?

I think if you are committing a patch, you should have a clear idea of
what the patch does and what its broader impact on the system will be.
Summarizing that information in a release note entry is not too much of
an additional burden, I think: a committer *ought* to include some
similar text in the CVS commit log message anyway.

> How is maintaining another file on every commit going to go over?

Well, it would clearly not be on every commit: most commits don't
warrant a mention in the release notes. If committers think that this
burden is too much to bear, please speak up.

-Neil