Re: Insert Only Postgresql [VASCL:A10A18D3590] - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Cyrus Downey
Subject Re: Insert Only Postgresql [VASCL:A10A18D3590]
Date
List pgsql-novice
Daniel T. Staal wrote:
 cite="mid54442.63.172.115.138.1157750321.squirrel@MageHandbook.com"
 type="cite">
  On Fri, September 8, 2006 4:51 pm, Solomon Asare said:

    Hi All,
pls, is there an Insert only version of postgreql or any other known
database? NO deletes, no updates. Inserts only! Any leads, please?

You can create an account that only has insert access, if that's what you
want.

Otherwise...  I can't think of why a database would want to ship that way.
 If you don't want to use those features, you don't have to use them.

Daniel T. Staal

    Another method would be to put in code inside of update triggers
and delete triggers to prevent updates and deletes.  I have never tried
that in PostGreSql before, but
i have done something similar in another DBMS.  The only way to stop
people from reading the data (though selects) would be to limit the
access of the account, which that has already been noted.

cyrus