Re: Problems with sequences - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: Problems with sequences
Date
List pgsql-general
Arturo Perez wrote:
> In any case, at this point in time it's looking like Cayenne doesn't honor
> the rules of the sequence.  It appears to (and is documented as) internally
> incrementing rather than fetching the sequence for each insert.

I have no experience with Cayenne, but reading
http://cwiki.apache.org/CAYDOC/primary-key-generation.html it seems
possible to use database sequences instead of Cayenne-generated ones:

"... Generation mechanism depends on the DbAdapter used and can be
customized by users by subclassing one of the included adapters."

Regards,
--
Alban Hertroys
alban@magproductions.nl