Re: First Draft of 8.2 Release - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: First Draft of 8.2 Release
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> Also, you mentioned Full Disjunctions, which doesn't look like it will
> be in 8.2, and because it is so unusual, you would have to explain why
> it is so great, and given the lack of community people saying it is
> great, I am unsure if it even should be mentioned if it is on pgfoundry.

This one I do not agree with. We don't have to explain it beyond a
single sentence, people can do their own research on if they need it.
This is PR :). Full Disjunctions falls directly into the Most Advanced
Open Source Database arena (and considering Ingres is open source we
have to fight for this).

Frankly there are several projects on pgFoundry that need some advocacy
on this release including:

Full Disjunctions
.Npgsql (if it hits 1.0)
Orafce

Possibly some reiteration around:

pljava
pgpool

These are all items that greatly enhance the usability and functionality
argument.

> Also, we don't have some items in CVS like bitmapped indexes, so those
> might need to be removed as the feature list solidifies.

I thought bitmapped indexes had been reviewed? eek...

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/