Re: BUG #17148: About --no-strict-names option and --quiet option of pg_amcheck command - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: BUG #17148: About --no-strict-names option and --quiet option of pg_amcheck command
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On 27 Aug 2021, at 13:21, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
> On 20.08.21 12:49, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

>>> The patch looks good to me.
>> Applied to master and 14, thanks for review!
>
> I see that we still have the PQsetErrorVerbosity() call for --verbose, and we still issue warnings with
--no-strict-names. Did we want to keep these two behaviors?

I think issuing the warnings for --no-strict-names is appropriate, setting
PQsetErrorVerbosity on --verbose might be less so although I don’t strong
feelings on that.  Maybe setting that should be reserved for the extra verbose
levels (that many other projects have with -vv etc) if we ever add that?