Does psqlodbc support declare/fetch in Un ux? - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From 王宝兵
Subject Does psqlodbc support declare/fetch in Un ux?
Date
List pgsql-odbc
I am testing psqlodbc in our school.I wrote the following code:

 rtcode=SQLExecDirect(hstmt,"select * from pg_largeobject",SQL_NTS);
 if((rtcode!=SQL_SUCCESS) && (rtcode!=SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO)){
  printf("SQLExecDirect Failed!\n");
  SQLFreeHandle(SQL_HANDLE_STMT,hstmt);
  SQLFreeHandle(SQL_HANDLE_DBC,hdbc);
  SQLFreeHandle(SQL_HANDLE_ENV,env);
  exit(1);
 }
 printf("|loid\t|pageno\t|data\t|\n");
 for(i=0;i<100;i++){
  SQLFetch(hstmt);
  printf("|%d\t|%d\t|%s\t|\n",loid,pageno,buffer);
 }

There are 1532240 tuples in pg_largeobject, and their size is about 3GB. But where I run this code, the client's main memory is exhausted. It seems that the client try to get all the tuples before it fetches the first 100.

I think the client should get a small part first. If it need more tuples, it get anothor part and discard the first part. When I test psqlodbc in Windows, it seems to work well.

What's wrong? How can I fixed it?

Any reply will be appreciated!

Looking forward to your help!

想 要 体 验 一 下 超 大 超 快 的 免 费 邮 箱 吗 ?
网 易 3G 免 费 邮 ,抢 注 再 得 280 兆 大 容 量 网 盘 ,快 来 体 验 邮 箱 极 速 之 旅