Re: vacuum, performance, and MVCC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: vacuum, performance, and MVCC
Date
Re: vacuum, performance, and MVCC  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi>)
Re: vacuum, performance, and MVCC  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 6/25/2006 10:12 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> When you are using the update chaining, you can't mark that index row as
> dead because it actually points to more than one row on the page, some
> are non-visible, some are visible.

Back up the truck ... you mean in the current code base we have heap
tuples that are visible in index scans because of heap tuple chaining
but without index tuples pointing directly at them?

Jan