Re: postgresql live-cd - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Koen Martens
Subject Re: postgresql live-cd
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Michael Dean wrote:
> on dvd we could put gentoo, debian, Solarus and freebsd versions on plus
> all collateral products, including bizgres and enterprisedb community
> with front end, plus windows stuff of course.  It could be a really
> nifty sales package.  For instance, a first class package of six-panel
> DVDigipaks, printed as a cheat sheet I suggested earlier, plus the DVD,
> in full artwork, is only 1.99 each in 1000 quantity.  Would you pay
> $4.00 for a combination cheat sheet of functions, commands, etc. with 4
> major distros?  That is a $2.00 profit in "donations".  If only eight
> commercial types put up $500 each for inclusion of a section for their
> stuff, plus a mention on the 6 sided covers, we could produce 2000
> packages.

Nice ideas, but afaik the mission at hand is to create a live-cd
that can be handed out on conferences so that people can play with
and read about postgresql, and it can be used perhaps to give demo's
and such. I'd rather have a second cd on the short term instead of
creating a dvd, also because yes there are still people who do not
have a dvd-reader in their laptop/computer (no figures to back up
the significance of this however).

Maybe it is possible to create a cd that boots on pc as well as mac..

Gr,

Koen