Re: Irix build failes (PSQL 7.1.1) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Irix build failes (PSQL 7.1.1)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> I'm unable to build on Irix (6.5.9) using the MipsPro compiler (Vs 7.3). The output is this:

> cc-1092 cc: ERROR File = ../../../../src/include/utils/nabstime.h, Line = 157
>   Identifier-list parameters can only be used in a function definition.

>   extern Datum timeofday(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS);
>                ^

Very strange ... especially considering that that include file has
dozens of nearly identical extern declarations.  Why does it choke on
only this one?

Does your compiler documentation explain this error message more fully?
I'm not at all sure what it means by "Identifier-list parameters".

            regards, tom lane