Re: scaling up postgres - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Sven Geisler
Subject Re: scaling up postgres
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi Mario,

I did run pgbench on several production servers:
HP DL585 - 4-way AMD Opteron 875
HP DL585 - 4-way AMD Opteron 880
HP DL580 G3 - 4-way Intel XEON MP 3.0 GHz
FSC RX600 S2 - 4-way Intel XEON MP DC 2.66 GHz
FSC RX600 - 4-way Intel XEON MP 2.5 GHz

This test has been done with 8.1.4. I increased the number of clients.
I attached the result as diagram. I included not all test system but the
gap between XEON and Opteron is always the same.

The experiences with production systems were the same. We replaced the
XEON box with Opteron box with a dramatic change of performance.

Best regards
Sven.

--
/This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not

Sven Geisler <sgeisler@aeccom.com> Tel +49.30.5362.1627 Fax .1638
Senior Developer,    AEC/communications GmbH    Berlin,   Germany

Attachment