Re: Peer authentication problem in CGI-Perl - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Peer authentication problem in CGI-Perl
Date
List pgsql-novice
Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 17:28, arifin purba wrote:
>> "Peer authentication failed for user 'johndoe'"

> Unfortunately, I can't at the moment think of any reason why it should
> behave differently when passed though the Perl interface.

But it wasn't the Perl interface that was the issue; it was CGI.

I will bet that his CGI environment runs as some other user than he is,
and so the peer mechanism is doing exactly what it's supposed to do:
rejecting a false claim to be PG user so-and-so when the OS knows the
client process is owned by someone else.

            regards, tom lane