Re: Peer authentication problem in CGI-Perl - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: Peer authentication problem in CGI-Perl
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 17:28, arifin purba wrote:
> "Peer authentication failed for user 'johndoe'"

Are you using a Debian package? ("peer" authentication is a non-standard
Debian addition to PostgreSQL. It has been adopted in 7.2 but reworked
and renamed as "ident".)

If so, please let me know the package version and let me see your
pg_hba.conf file.

Unfortunately, I can't at the moment think of any reason why it should
behave differently when passed though the Perl interface.

     "The earth is the LORD'S, and the fullness thereof; the
      world, and they that dwell therein."
                                   Psalms 24:1