Re: Does PostgreSQL support to write glusterfs by Libgfapi - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alan Hodgson
Subject Re: Does PostgreSQL support to write glusterfs by Libgfapi
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday, December 15, 2015 11:26:40 PM zh1029 wrote:
> Hi,
>   It seems low performance PostgreSQL(9.3.6) while writing data to glusterFS
> distributed file system. libgfapi is provide since GlusterFS version 3.4 to
> avoid kernel visits/data copy which can improve its performance. But I
> didn't find out any instruction from the PostgreSQL web page. Do you know
> if PostgreSQL later release supports using libgfapi to optimized write data
> to ClusterFS file system.

Putting a database on Gluster is a horrible idea in any case. But no,
PostgreSQL does not have Gluster-specific support.

I'm actually trying to think of a use case where it would make sense; I
suppose a large data warehouse could theoretically see some sequential read
improvements from a scale-out cluster file system. But you could only have one
client node accessing it.

Attachment