Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add pg_strnlen() a portable implementation ofstrlen. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add pg_strnlen() a portable implementation ofstrlen.
Date
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add pg_strnlen() a portable implementationof strlen.  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-committers

On 10/09/2017 07:15 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On 2017-10-09 22:22:04 +0000, Andres Freund wrote:
>> Add pg_strnlen() a portable implementation of strlen.
>>
>> As the OS version is likely going to be more optimized, fall back to
>> it if available, as detected by configure.
> I'm a bit confused, frogmouth
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=frogmouth&dt=2017-10-09%2022%3A30%3A41
> shows that it compiled the new code, but the configure output doesn't
> show it ran through the new configure test.  Additionally, without the
> the config define, this should result in the replacement being
> used. Which doesn't seem to be the case either.
>
> Kinda sounds like this used some halfway outdated build or such?

frogmouth is using some code not yet released that makes the config
cache persistent. I just identified and fixed a stupid bug in the code
that obsoletes the cache, and I have removed frogmouth's cache file and
set it running again, so we'll see if that fixes things.

cheers

andrew