Re: port of INSTALL file generation to XSLT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: port of INSTALL file generation to XSLT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 09/01/2019 10:05, Mi Tar wrote:
>> I tested this. Patch applied cleanly and INSTALL file was produced. Formatting looks differently from before, but I
thinkthat it looks better. We lost central alignment of some headings, but many code/command snippets are now
better/correctlyindented. So I think this is overall better.

> Committed with a fix for that, thanks.

So this has got a couple of problems:

1. No pandoc on borka, where we build tarballs:

pgsql@borka:~$ which pandoc
pgsql@borka:~$

Probably we can get the sysadmin team to fix that, but ...

2. If there's no pandoc, this coding silently produces a zero-size
INSTALL file.  I do not find that acceptable.

pgsql@borka:~$ mk-release 96b8b8b6f9d8de4af01a77797273ad88c7a8e32e
Commit 96b8b8b6f9d8de4af01a77797273ad88c7a8e32e packaged as  postgresql-12devel.tar.bz2 postgresql-12devel.tar.bz2.md5
postgresql-12devel.tar.bz2.sha256postgresql-12devel.tar.gz postgresql-12devel.tar.gz.md5
postgresql-12devel.tar.gz.sha256
pgsql@borka:~$ tar tvfj output/postgresql-12devel.tar.bz2 | grep INSTALL
-rw-r--r-- pgsql/pgsql       0 2019-01-11 15:09 postgresql-12devel/INSTALL