Re: port of INSTALL file generation to XSLT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: port of INSTALL file generation to XSLT
Date
Re: port of INSTALL file generation to XSLT  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> 1. No pandoc on borka, where we build tarballs:
> pgsql@borka:~$ which pandoc
> pgsql@borka:~$

That part's sorted, anyway.

pgsql@borka:~$ pandoc --version
pandoc 1.17.2
Compiled with texmath 0.8.6.7, highlighting-kate 0.6.3.
Syntax highlighting is supported for the following languages:

> 2. If there's no pandoc, this coding silently produces a zero-size
> INSTALL file.  I do not find that acceptable.

Seems like it might be sufficient for the rule to be

    $(PANDOC) $< -t plain > $@.tmp
    $(ICONV) -f utf8 -t us-ascii//TRANSLIT < $@.tmp > $@
    rm -f $@.tmp

Failure would leave a .tmp file behind, but I doubt we care enough
about that to work harder than this.