Re: in memory views - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Thomas Vatter
Subject Re: in memory views
Date
List pgsql-performance
Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Wed, 10 May 2006, Thomas Vatter wrote:
>
>> Yes, the difference between psql command line and application is 6
>> seconds to 40 seconds. It is exactly the step resultSet =
>> excecuteQuery() that needs 40 seconds. I use next() as a cursor
>> through the resultSet, but I fear this is not enough, do I have to
>> use createStatement(resultSetType, resultSetConcurrency) respectively
>> prepareStatement (resultSetType, resultSetConcurrency) to achieve the
>> cursor behaviour?
>

> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/81/query.html#query-with-cursor
>
> Kris Jurka

I was just returning to my mailbox to report success, I was just a bit
faster than your e-mail,  I have found the fetchSize function, it
reduces the delay to 6 seconds. thanks a lot to all who helped, this was
really great support, I am glad that the problem is solved

tom