Re: pgstat: remove delayed destroy / pipe: socket - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Brant
Subject Re: pgstat: remove delayed destroy / pipe: socket
Date
List pgsql-patches
>>> "Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> 04/06/06 7:26 pm >>>

> BTW, what's with the change to all the error msgs?
Ah, I'd assumed the %ui was a typo in the format string.  If the intent
was to print e.g. 10022i, I'll change it back.

> And finally, the error handling looks a bit off? We specifically
*don't*
> want it to log an error for the WSAECONNRESET state - it's a normal
> state. Or am I reading the patch wrong?
If error is WSAECONNRESET, the return value is reset to zero.  That
will prevent an error message from being displayed (unless I'm reading
something wrong).

> Do you get anything at all in the logs when this happens? Are you
sure
> the reason is that it picks up an empty file, or could it be
something
> else?
There is nothing in the logs.  It could definitely be something else.
A rename race condition was just our best theory.

Pete