do XA connections support SSL? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Stefan Verkoyen
Subject do XA connections support SSL?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

in short: is SSL supported in combination with XA?

Some background:
I'm using the PosgreSQL jdbc driver (postgresql-8.1-404.jdbc3.jar) to
connect to PostgreSQL 8.1.3 in JBoss 4.0.3SP1. I'm using the XA
functionality (2PC in fact) to perform distributed transactions over 3
DBs. So I'm using XA Datasources in JBoss.

I would like the connections to be encrypted with SSL. I know this is
works for non-XA connections when the JDBC driver is used:
org.postgresql.Driver. In my XA Datasource descriptor I need to use
org.postgresql.xa.PGXADataSource This class, nor its subclass contain
any ssl property to set.

If SSL is not supported, I will need to use stunnel to encrypt the
connections. Can anybody confirm?

Thanks & best regards,
Stefan