Problem with getObjet - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Lydie Soler
Subject Problem with getObjet
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hello,

I have the following code:

    try
    {
      rs = stat.executeQuery(SQL);
    }
    catch (SQLException ex)
    {
     throw ex;
    }

    while (rs.next())
    {
      sim.addNoeud(rs.getObject(1), rs.getObject(2), rs.getByte(3));
    }

where stat is a Statement, rs a ResultSet and SQL my SQL query.
My problem is that the rs.getObject commands return null. But if I use
rs.getString() it returns the correct value (ie a string that is not
null)...

I am wondering if this means that I can't use the getObject to get a
String ??? I used to do it with Oracle database....
The program used to work with Oracle, so I need to know the changes I
have to do to make it work under Postgres.
Thanks for your help.

--
Soler Lydie

Département Mathématiques et Informatique appliquées
Unité Mét@risk

16, rue Claude Bernard
75 231 PARIS Cédex 05
tel: (+33) 1 44 08 18 89