Re: locale support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: locale support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I know this is not PostgreSQL's fault but the broken locale data on
> certain platforms. The problem makes it impossible to use PostgreSQL
> RPMs in Japan.
>>
> I'm looking for solutions/workarounds for this problem.
>>
>> Build a set of RPMs without locale support?

>> Run it with LC_ALL="C".

> Both of them seem not ideal solutions for RPM. It would be nice if we
> could distribute single binary and start up file in RPM.

If you can find a non-intrusive way to do that, sure ... but I don't
think that we should expend any great amount of effort, nor uglify the
code, in order to cater to a demonstrably broken library on one
particular platform.

The LC_ALL answer seems the best to me.