Wisconsin Circuit Court Access (WCCA) on PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

The Consolidated Court Automation Programs (CCAP) of the Wisconsin Court
System has migrated to PostgreSQL for all of its Circuit Court web
operations.  Eight production databases have been converted, six of them
around 180 GB each, holding statewide information replicated real-time
from 72 county databases.  The central copies support audit functions,
statewide statistics and report generation, and this web site:

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/

Given the success of this effort, we expect to be converting the other
court databases to PostgreSQL.

We've been very happy with both the performance of the product and the
support we have received from the mailing lists.  Overall, PostgreSQL
has been faster than the commercial product from which we converted.
Even more important is the fast response we have had when posting
problems to the lists.  We have normally had a fix within 24 hours.
Frankly, the support has been amazing.

We wonder how widespread the use of PostgreSQL is within government
agencies; I would love to hear from anyone with experience with this.
With tight budgets, it seems likely that there may be others moving in
this direction.