Re: [GENERAL] Wisconsin Circuit Court Access (WCCA) on PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Wisconsin Circuit Court Access (WCCA) on PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Kevin Grittner wrote:
> The Consolidated Court Automation Programs (CCAP) of the Wisconsin Court
> System has migrated to PostgreSQL for all of its Circuit Court web
> operations.  Eight production databases have been converted, six of them
> around 180 GB each, holding statewide information replicated real-time
> from 72 county databases.  The central copies support audit functions,
> statewide statistics and report generation, and this web site:
>
> http://wcca.wicourts.gov/
>
> Given the success of this effort, we expect to be converting the other
> court databases to PostgreSQL.

Always good to hear. Two obvious questions:
1. Have you completed a case-study questionnaire (and if not, would you
be prepared to?)
2. People on the advocacy lists occasionally get asked for
quotes/interviewees by the press. Would you be up for this?

> We've been very happy with both the performance of the product and the
> support we have received from the mailing lists.  Overall, PostgreSQL
> has been faster than the commercial product from which we converted.
> Even more important is the fast response we have had when posting
> problems to the lists.  We have normally had a fix within 24 hours.
> Frankly, the support has been amazing.

You can spend more time on hold calling commercial vendors than it takes
to get a patch with PostgreSQL :-)

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd