Re: Temporal Databases, offtopic - relative updates - Mailing list pgsql-general

From pgsql-general@list.coretech.ro
Subject Re: Temporal Databases, offtopic - relative updates
Date
List pgsql-general
hello,

I have a somehow related question to this topic: is it possible to know
(in postgresql) if an update on a column is absolute (set col = 3) or
relative to it's previous value (set col = col + 3)
in a trigger one have access to OLD row values and NEW row values, but
no correlation between the two. is this type of information available
somewhere in postgresql ?

thanks,
Razvan Radu