Trigger on a column - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josep Sanmartí
Subject Trigger on a column
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

My trigger's running on a table that works perfectly. This trigger calls
a function that inserts or modifies a row of a different table. My
problem is that I need to optimize this trigger, and the only way that
I've found is to fire the trigger  when certain table fields are
modified.  I do it like this:

CREATE TRIGGER tr_barra_aps AFTER INSERT OR DELETE OR UPDATE OF status   ON am_access_point EXECUTE PROCEDURE
f_barra_aps();

but I get this error:
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "status" at character 62

The status field is correct. Can anybody help me?

Thanks

--
Josep Sanmarti
Analista de Projectes