Re: SQL display of inheriting tables wrong - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: SQL display of inheriting tables wrong
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> The SQL visualization of tables that inherit from another table is wrong in
> pgAdmin.  You can check that with the table "emp" in the regression test
> database.  The actual definition (as produced by pg_dump) is this:

> CREATE TABLE emp (
>     name text,
>     age integer,
>     "location" point,
>     salary integer,
>     manager name
> )
> INHERITS (person);
>
> which is not the same we started out with.
>
> I'm not exactly sure what is going on here, but it's confusing.

The columns are probably overloaded.
The table code didn't obey the column's inherit flag, fixed in SVN for
HEAD and 1.4, thanks for reporting.

We didn't catch trying to edit an inherited column from the table
dialog; corrected now too.

Regards,
Andreas