SQL display of inheriting tables wrong - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject SQL display of inheriting tables wrong
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
The SQL visualization of tables that inherit from another table is wrong in
pgAdmin.  You can check that with the table "emp" in the regression test
database.  The actual definition (as produced by pg_dump) is this:

CREATE TABLE person (
    name text,
    age integer,
    "location" point
);

CREATE TABLE emp (
    salary integer,
    manager name
)
INHERITS (person);

pgAdmin produces this:

CREATE TABLE emp
(
  name text,
  age int4,
  "location" point,
  salary int4,
  manager name
) INHERITS (person)
WITH OIDS;

While this also works (the common columns are merged), executing this and
redumping it with pg_dump produces this:

CREATE TABLE emp (
    name text,
    age integer,
    "location" point,
    salary integer,
    manager name
)
INHERITS (person);

which is not the same we started out with.

I'm not exactly sure what is going on here, but it's confusing.

--
Peter Eisentraut