Re: quering NULL values - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Charley Tiggs
Subject Re: quering NULL values
Date
substring result  ("Luis Silva" <lfs12@hotmail.com>)
Re: quering NULL values  ("Luis Silva" <lfs12@hotmail.com>)
List pgsql-novice
Luis Silva wrote:
> I there I'm having a problem.
>
> I'm doing this SQL query
>
> select count(*) from public_identif INNER JOIN ifc ON
> ifc.spid=public_identif.spid where (ifc.profilepartindicator='' OR
> ifc.profilepartindicator='UNREGISTERED') AND
> public_identif.identity='sip:joao@ptinovacao.pt'
>

> ifc.profilepartindicator=''  can be a NULL value that is why i'm doing
> this, but it's not working. I tried ifc.profilepartindicator=NULL but i
> get nothing again. Can you help please?? Tks a lot

change your query as follows:

select count(*) from public_identif INNER JOIN ifc ON
ifc.spid=public_identif.spid where (ifc.profilepartindicator='' OR
ifc.profilepartindicator IS NULL OR
ifc.profilepartindicator='UNREGISTERED') AND
public_identif.identity='sip:joao@ptinovacao.pt'

Note the addition of "ifc.profilepartindicator IS NULL" within the
parentheses.

Charley