Re: Antw: Re: VBA 6 crashes with WIN2K, Postgres 8.1, - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Campbell, Greg
Subject Re: Antw: Re: VBA 6 crashes with WIN2K, Postgres 8.1,
Date
List pgsql-odbc
What type of cursor are you using.
The sample in the MSDN (VB6 era help) says to use Client side cursor to enable AbsolutePosition,
AbsolutePage.

I guess it makes sense. A server side cursor is a pointer to records on the server. A ForwardOnly cursor
pulls back the recordset but only gives you a pointer to it, but doesn't know how many records are in the
set or how to page it before it has gone to the end -- and it can't go backward.

rule of thumb -- use:
rsCursorLocation = adUseClient
rs.open sql, cnn, adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly, adCmdText ---- or something close to this

rs.Open sql, cnn -- also works

linuxgps wrote:

> In the VB debugger, watching   'CN' the cn.DefaultData immediately after
> the connection has
> ' multi step error and it says to check the ole db status if applicable'
>
> Following this it reads the first record, but ! the "rs.AbsolutPage,
> rs.AbsolutePosition" is "adPosUnknown"
>
> Is this a driver bug or I've missed up some setup, grant, odbc registry ???
> .
> Dave Page wrote:

Attachment