Re: authentication question - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Cath Lawrence
Subject Re: authentication question
Date
List pgsql-php
On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 01:12  PM, Robby Russell wrote:
> Cath Lawrence wrote:
> I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but try adding this to the
> bottom (seen this as a common practice)
> # reject all connections from all hosts not granted above
> host    all             0.0.0.0       0.0.0.0      reject

D'oh! That does it. Thanks Robby.
Blindly copy'n'paste-ing a line with the wrong netmask did NOT help!

But while I'm here - how does PHP connect? If rejecting connections
from the local machine and from 127.0.0.1 didn't do the trick, why not?
(Or is that getting into network issues and I needed the host's IP
address?)

thanks again
Cath
Cath Lawrence,                       Cath.Lawrence@anu.edu.au
Senior Scientific Programmer,  Centre for Bioinformation Science,
John Curtin School of Medical Research (room 4088)
Australian National University,  Canberra ACT 0200
ph: (02) 61257959   mobile: 0421-902694   fax: (02) 61252595