Re: php + postgresql pg_connect problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: php + postgresql pg_connect problem
Date
List pgsql-general
John Taber wrote:
> I am having trouble connecting php(5.1.1) and postgresql(8.1) running on
> Ubuntu Breezy. Both run fine separately. I created a user (tempuser) and
> a database (tempdb).  If I run psql -l it shows the database "tempdb"
> with the username "tempuser".  But I get the following error using
> pg_connect:
>
> Warning: pg_connect() [function.pg-connect]: Unable to connect to
> PostgreSQL server: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user
> "tempuser" in /var/www/db_connect.php on line 14

You are using "ident" authentication in your pg_hba.conf file. You
probably don't want this. Start with trust if you are connecting
locally, then turn passwords on once you are happy you can connect.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd