random delays - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Baldur Norddahl
Subject random delays
Date
Re: random delays
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I noticed that sometimes we seem to have a problem with simple queries
that take a long time to execute. For example "select * from config
where key='abc'" which normally only takes a few milliseconds, but in
some rare cases suddenly takes 10-30 seconds.

It is a production system, so there are always other queries going on.
But the server is not neccessarly loaded when this happens. I can't
think of any reasons that there should be a lock on the tables in question.

Is there a way to find out what the query is waiting for?

We are using postgresql 8.0.3.

Thanks,

Baldur