Re: [WIN32] Quiet install and changing defaults - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chris Gow
Subject Re: [WIN32] Quiet install and changing defaults
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote: <blockquote cite="mid6BCB9D8A16AC4241919521715F4D8BCE6C7C5C@algol.sollentuna.se"
type="cite"><blockquotetype="cite"><pre wrap="">I am attempting to override the default installation

directory that the postgres MSI uses. I'm not familiar with
MSI, but from what I've read I can specify properties on the
command line to change properties in the installer? I've
tried a variety of properties from looking at the
installation log and by examining the properties using the
ORCA tool from Microsoft. All to no avail:

msiexec /i postgresql-8.1.msi SOURCEDIR=[my directory]
msiexec /i postgresql-8.1.msi TARGETDIR=[my directory]
msiexec /i postgresql-8.1.msi DEVDIR=[my directory]

In all cases the installer still presents me with the default
directory (c:\Program Files\Postgres8.1) and not the one I
specify on the command line. Should some combination of the
above work?

My final goal is to be able to spawn the pgsql installer from
my installer and override defaults for the user and password
and installation directory. Is this feasible?

Hopefully this is the right list, if not if someone could
This is documented on
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/silent.html">http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/silent.html</a>.
THeproperty

you're looking for is BASEDIR. You'll also need to send it to
postgresql-8.1-int.msi - this is also documented on the page above.

//Magnus