Re: Optional postgres database not so optional in 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Optional postgres database not so optional in 8.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I now notice that "pg_ctl -w start" fails if the postgres db is missing.
I am not sure that changing pg_ctl to use this rather than template1 was
a good thing, and it can't be overridden. I suggest we revert that
particular change - it seems to me to confer little to no benefit,
unlike the case with createdb etc.

cheers

andrew