Re: [ADMIN] ERROR: could not read block - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: [ADMIN] ERROR: could not read block
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I'm not an expert on that, but it seems reasonable to me that the
page pool would free space as the I/O system caught up with
the load.  Also, I'm going on what was said by Qingqing and
in one of the pages he referenced:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274310

-Kevin

>>> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>  >>>
> None of this seems material, however.  It's pretty clear that the
> problem was exhaustion of the Windows page pool.
> If we don't want to tell Windows users to make highly technical
> changes to the Windows registry in order to use PostgreSQL,
> it does seem wise to use retries, as has already been discussed
> on this thread.

Would a simple retry loop actually help?  It's not clear to me how
persistent such a failure would be.