Re: Beyond the 1600 columns limit on windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tino Wildenhain
Subject Re: Beyond the 1600 columns limit on windows
Date
List pgsql-general
Evandro's mailing lists (Please, don't send personal messages to this
address) schrieb:
> I'm doing a PhD in data mining and I need more than 1600 columns. I
> got an error message saying that I can not use more than 1600 columns.
>
> It is happening because I have to change categorical values to
> binary creating new columns. Do you know if oracle can handle it?

pardon, but as PhD you should be able to do sensible database design.
Even if you would have more then 1600 columns, you cannot expect
very good performance with it (on nearly any database).

I'd strongly recommend to replan your table layout. You can get help
here if you provide more information on your plans.