Re: 8.1RC1 fails to build on OS X (10.4) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Idar Tollefsen
Subject Re: 8.1RC1 fails to build on OS X (10.4)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Also it would be worth showing in more detail exactly what happens when
> you try to build the (unpatched) sources.

*blush* Found it.

Any one the following flags will produce the described problems (alone
or in combination):
-faltivec
-mabi=altivec
-maltivec
-mcpu=<your CPU type here>

I have these, and others, set because of other development work I do.
And I always forget them when I just want to build something else. My bad.

As a curious side note, MySQL (4.1.13a and pre-releases of 5.0) had
trouble with the exact same flags. Other pieces of software I have
compiled (CommonC++2, TAO, wxWidgets, bison, curl, OmniORB, Apache 2,
etc., etc.) had no trouble with these, even if they were there
unintentionally.

- IT