pgadmin 1.4.0-beta2 win feedback - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Cybernd
Subject pgadmin 1.4.0-beta2 win feedback
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi guys

Just some of my thoughts:

--

When i refresh the root Node ( Servers(1) ), it leads to an empty gui.
Might be a bug.

--

File => open *.conf
Why is it necessary to locate the conf file?

--

Select Table => "view the data inside the table"
Opens some kind of data viewer.

I got one byta field containing some ziped information. It would be fine
for me, when pg would offer the possibility to store the content of an
selected table cell into a file for debug purposes.
Copy&Paste is quite useless, because the file would contain all escape
sequences.

Should be rather easy to implement such feature.

--

sql editor:

pls add another button: "execute selected query"
which should just execute the statment surrounding the current blinking
line cursor.

Its quite annoying to copy&paste several statements between the sql
editor and some kind of editor ;o)

Or is the magic plan, that we should copy paste older statments from the
history?
Just try toad free ;o) (if available) and you will know which kind of
feature i mean.

--

another idea:

Maybe include the "data viewer" as additonal tab inside the main view.
(next to the properties|statistics|dependsOn|referencedBy tabs).
Would be fine to see the latest ?50? rows of each table within one
mouseklick.

I still like dbvisualizer because it gots such an ability.

And i think it would be possible to extend pgadmin for such a purpose.

--

thx for adding "drop cascade" to be able to drop several tables at once ;o)

maybe as addon:
allow the user to select several tables inside the selection tree
like strg + click

--

1. move the mouse over one table inside the selection tree
2. hold down the mouse button

hth
cybi