Re: Calling function (table_name, schema_name) within event trigger - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Calling function (table_name, schema_name) within event trigger
Date
Re: Calling function (table_name, schema_name) within event trigger  (Susan Hurst <susan.hurst@brookhurstdata.com>)
List pgsql-general
Andreas Kretschmer <andreas@a-kretschmer.de> writes:
> The problem is, that tg_table_name isn't declared within a event trigger.
> TG_TAG is defined, it contains the command, for instance CREATE TABLE.

Yeah.  According to
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/plpgsql-trigger.html#PLPGSQL-EVENT-TRIGGER
only TG_TAG and TG_EVENT are defined inside PL/pgSQL event triggers.

So at present, you can only do very coarse event recording using
PL/pgSQL; if you want to do anything interesting you have to resort
to writing your event trigger in C.  (And I think that even then,
9.4 did not offer very complete facilities for finding out what the
DDL command had done; 9.5 will provide more info.)

            regards, tom lane