Re: GSSAPI or Kerberos authentication problems - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: GSSAPI or Kerberos authentication problems
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Mike Warnecke wrote:

> Does the postgresql-jdbc driver support Kerberos/GSSAPI authentication?
> If not, what is required to get it done?

Doing a little further reading and testing shows that the server would
need to be extended to provide GSSAPI support even though the underlying
authentication would be done using Kerberos.  Java has Kerberos support,
but not the ability to "speak" it directly, only through the GSSAPI
interface.

Phil Dodderidge claimed to have this up and working quite some time ago,
perhaps he can share some more info...

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-04/msg01461.php

Although I'm not sure people want GSSAPI support in the backend given
the comments on adding SASL support here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-05/msg00760.php

Kris Jurka