Re: TimestampUtils.loadCalendar failes for interval type - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: TimestampUtils.loadCalendar failes for interval type
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Gil G wrote:

> This is important since, generic products such as Hibernate that work
> over different jdbc drivers, refer to the interval data type as a
> java.sql.Timestamp object and call getTimestamp(int) method  on the
> resultset to get the instance.

AFAIK there's no standard mapping for 'interval' in JDBC so I don't
think you should be too suprised that trying to represent it as a
Timestamp fails.

However your email implies that there are other JDBC drivers that do
represent an interval as a Timestamp. Can you provide some examples of
drivers that do this, and details of how code such as Hibernate is
expecting the interval to be represented? Maybe we can do an appropriate
conversion as a nonstandard extension.

-O