RAID Configuration Sugestion - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alvaro Nunes Melo
Subject RAID Configuration Sugestion
Date
Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion
List pgsql-performance
Hello,

We are about to install a new PostgreSQL server, and despite of being a
very humble configuration compared to the ones we see in the list, it's
the biggest one we've got till now.

The server is a Dual Xeon 3.0 with 2 GB RAM and two SCSI disks. Our main
doubt is what is the best configuration for the disks. We are thinking
about use them in a RAID-0 array. Is this the best option? What do you
suggest on partitioning? Separate partitions for the OS, data and pg_xlog?

We'll have some time to work on performance tests, and if someone is
interested we can provide our results.

Thanks in advance,
Alvaro