Re: Can't compile a contrib util: dbsize (probably simply though) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Can't compile a contrib util: dbsize (probably simply though)
Date
List pgsql-general
Vitaly Belman <vitalib@012.net.il> writes:
>> gcc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -fpic -I.
-I~/postgresql-7.4.2/src/include-D_GNU_SOURCE   -c -o dbsize.o dbsize.c
>> dbsize.c:1: postgres.h: No such file or directory

> I don't understand why it can't find these files.. They are indeed in
> "~/postgresql-7.4.2/src/include" just as the -I points =(.

The shell isn't gonna expand ~ for you when it's within a word like
that.  I think you were lucky that configure succeeded at all with
such a setting...

            regards, tom lane