An update rule affecting an after insert trigger - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Simrin Grewal
Subject An update rule affecting an after insert trigger
Date
List pgsql-general
Hey Folks,

Scratching my head on this one wanted to know if anyone else had
encounter it.

I have a table that has an update rule and an after insert trigger on
it.  The rule checks to see if certain things happened during the update
and goes and does another insert to a secondary table.  The trigger is
an after insert trigger to call a stored plpgsql function.  The problem
I am seeing is that I cannot get the trigger to fire.  I did a simple
test just to verify that triggers are working in general and they are
but nothing for this one.  I have even intentionally broken the stored
procedure just to see if I was making it to that logic but nothing. Does
anyone know what might cause this to occur?

Simrin Grewal