Re: Start up script for Fedora Core 3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexandre Barros
Subject Re: Start up script for Fedora Core 3
Date
List pgsql-general
Chris Guo wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> We are using Fedora Core 3 in our company, and we installed postgresql
> 8.0.3 as the database system. I wonder if anybody has the start up
> script for this version so we can start postgresql service
> automatically after we reboot the server.
>
> Any help will be highly appreciated.
>

> Chris

personally i use something like this on my rc.local:

rm -f /opt/pgsql-8.0.3/dbdata/postmaster.pid
sudo -u pgsql /opt/pgsql-8.0.3/bin/pg_ctl -o -i -D
/opt/pgsql-8.0.3/dbdata/ -l /opt/pgsql-8.0.3/dbdata/logfile start

does the job, but i'm not sure i'd recommend it... ;)

best regards.