Re: plpgsql return setof integer? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: plpgsql return setof integer?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hey Christopher,

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 11:42:56PM -0500, Christopher Murtagh wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 22:57, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > You are initializing the array incorrectly in your htdig(text, text)
> > function.  {} is the hash reference you are seeing; HASH(0xwhatever) is
> > its text representation.  Do
> >
> >  my @Result = ();
> >
> > instead, or leave it uninitialized.
>
>  Thanks once again. You've really helped a lot on this. I especially
> liked your 'return qq/{"/ . (join qq/","/, @_) . qq/"}/;' code. If you
> were in Montreal, I would owe you a dinner or at least a coffee and a
> big thanks. If you ever come this way, please be sure to give me a call.

I didn't really expect to remember this two years later :-), but I
was going over my old mail in order to delete the trash that is usually
left behind.  So if you still have that coffee around, there's news
that you'll be soon able to get rid of it: I'll be visiting McGill Uni
or thereabouts, for a Slony-II meeting.  Maybe I can relieve you of it
then ;-)

"La soledad es compañía"