Re: wrong generated sql query order - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Miha Radej
Subject Re: wrong generated sql query order
Date
List pgadmin-support
hi!

this happens to me on any table i've tried. here is a sample:

CREATE TABLE sampletable
(  col1 serial NOT NULL,  col2 int4
)
WITH OIDS;
ALTER TABLE sampletable OWNER TO adocuments;

this is a table in a "adocuments" schema, owned by the user "adocuments".

in the table properties pane, tab "columns" i then remove col2 and
immediately add another column, by the name of col2 and type text and
pgadmin produces the following queries:

ALTER TABLE sampletable ADD COLUMN col2 text;
ALTER TABLE sampletable DROP COLUMN col2;

i cannot at this time test this with any other version of pgadmin3 or on
any other system.

btw, thank you for having provided a suse rpm, it helps immensely as i
am atm not in position to compile it on my own :)

cheers,
Miha