Re: Linux trademark and PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Linux trademark and PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Many of you might have read this Slashdot item about Linux Mark
> Institute charging for the use of the Linux trademark by companies:
>
>     http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/08/19/1154231&tid=167&tid=106
>
> How do we guarantee to companies promoting PostgreSQL that this will not
> happen to them?

That is a good question. The short answer is that the PostgreSQL
Trademark is pretty unenforceable. The long answer is we transfer it to
a non-profit entity that is in charge of that kind of thing for PostgreSQL.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake