Re: Linux trademark and PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Bernier
Subject Re: Linux trademark and PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On August 19, 2005 01:39 pm, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Many of you might have read this Slashdot item about Linux Mark
> Institute charging for the use of the Linux trademark by companies:
>
>  http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/08/19/1154231&tid=167&tid=106
>
> How do we guarantee to companies promoting PostgreSQL that this will not
> happen to them?

The ideal answer is the following.

Have all the major players, i.e. developers, declare a manifesto through a non-profit organization including those
peoplewho have patents, trademarks etc pertaining to postgres. They will state the conditions of usage of said
trademarks.They will also the outline the process of how those conditions can be changed.